I am so glad to finally come to you with information regarding tryouts! Tryouts will be held at CVHS on WEDNESDAY MAY 6th. After you have registered following the instructions below, you will receive an email with your tryout time. We have a plan in place that will keep everyone safe and healthy as we follow social distancing guidelines. 🙂 Thank you so much for being patient with us, it is much appreciated!
First things first, I have linked the slide show that would have been presented at the parent information meeting back in March. The slide show covers some key aspects of the contract, expectations, policies, etc., as well as tryout information. Please keep in mind that this is basic information and not ALL of the information. More information can be found on Register My Athlete as well as Google Classroom. Please email me if you have any additional questions.
After reviewing the information in the slide show, please follow the instructions below to begin your registration for CVHS Cheer Tryouts:
- REGISTER MY ATHLETE: Please follow the instructions for RMA that have been posted on the front page of cvaviators.com. All athletes MUST be registered in the state system before trying out for any extracurricular activity. DO NOT show up to tryouts without being cleared on RMA. To be cleared, you must view all documents, remember physicals will be expected once you make the team. If you have a current physical that will not expire by April 1 of 2021 please upload. Electronically sign the contract agreement (guardians & athletes). *Here is a video tutorial on how to register using RMA*
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM: Every athlete trying out for CVHS Cheer needs to join the CVHS Cheer Tryout class in Google Classroom. Parents do not need to join. To join the class, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to classroom.google.com (or download the Google Classroom app)
- Log in with your school issued Gmail account
- Click the “+” and join a class using the code xxvwxdy
Once you have joined the class, you will need to complete the Audition Application assignment AND the Teacher Recommendations assignment. Please make sure the audition application has been completed in full. These assignments should be completed ASAP/before the first day of tryouts. By completing this online, you only need to bring two physical items to tryouts – your third term report card and a printed photo of yourself. The tryout dance and cheers are on Google Classroom and must be learned and practiced at home prior to tryouts.
- TRYOUTS: At the time of Try outs please arrive in ALL black with a SLICKED back ponytail. We also ask that you wear shorts as we will be assigning you a tryout number, which will be written on your leg and must be visible for all tryouts. TENNIS SHOES are required (vans or other street shoes are NOT permitted). Bows are optional, but encouraged. Please check your email after registering for your tryout time and instructions on your arrival.
- As you have this time at home, please work on basic motions (high v, low v, t, k, daggers, candlesticks, etc.) as well as basic jumps (toe touch, right/left hurdler, pike, etc.). If you have equipment to safely practice tumbling, you may do so at your own discretion. I do not recommend tumbling on your own without proper training or equipment.
I believe that covers everything! If you have any questions at all, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂