Parents and Participants,
Below is a list of very important information for the boys high school basketball tryouts. Please refer to this for any questions you might have. If you do not see an answer to a question you might have below please email Reagan Peck at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All eligible boys grades 9-12 WHO ARE current students here at Cedar Valley High School. (If you are homeschooled or attend a private school not sanctioned by UHSAA and wish to tryout please email Reagan Peck for tryout information)
- Monday Nov 11th 2:30 – 4:30 in the AUX GYMS (We understand this is Veterans Day. Tryouts will still be held)
- Tuesday Nov 12th 2:30 – 4:30 in the MAIN GYM
What to bring:
- All participants MUST bring a HARDCOPY of their 1st quarter grades. IF you do not have a hard copy you will not be allowed to tryout. Please note and refer to the UHSAA Academic Eligibility Rules with questions/concerns. If a student has multiple failing grades for the first term this could result in him being deemed ineligible for tryouts.
- All participants MUST register with registermyathlete.com PRIOR to coming to tryouts. This is not optional for those that are waiting to see if they made the team or not. In order to even be allowed to tryout this must be completed beforehand.
- All participants must come dressed appropriately. This includes gym shorts, gym shoes, t-shirt or tank top. No jewelry such as earings etc will be allowed.
- All participants need to be dressed and ready as tryouts begin.
Results of Tryouts:
- Information will be given to all participants on the first day of tryouts (Monday, November 11th) about where to find results for that day and how to retrieve them. Please make sure to pay attention to that information given.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited space in the Aux Gyms and multiple drills going on at any given time, tryouts are not open to spectators (Parents, friends, siblings, etc). If you are not an active participant, or are deemed ineligible to tryout, you will not be allowed in the gym. This helps the coaches control the environment as well as better recognize who is actively trying out and who is not.
We want to thank all of you who have participated in open gyms and other various boys basketball camps and activities leading up to these tryouts. We are excited to get started with the official season and wish all of you the best of luck on your tryout.